Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Learning To Ride!

Drew never learned to ride a bicycle...until now. A very good friend of his Mom was kind enough to coach him one evening after they purchased a new bike at WalMart along with a helmet.

They started out in front of their home on the sidewalk. Watching the phone video of him wiggling all over on his new bike was so funny! There were a couple of times that he started to tip but was "caught" just in time.

A little tilt to the left and a tilt to the right....
And 30 minutes later behind his school...
Amazing how quickly kids can learn!
I told him that we should go looking for my old bike in the barn. I think it's somewhere in there. The last time I saw it was about 10 years ago.

Drew has reservations though. He just can't see me riding a bicycle. You see, I am too old. I couldn't possibly remember how to ride a bicycle after 10 years.

Drew, we shall see if I am too old. We shall see....

Mai

4 comments:

  1. You are NOT to old! Find that bike and have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind Kc! I will go look for that old bike and then I think I'll wait until my new health insurance kicks in on Sept 1st before I go biking...LOL!

      Delete
  2. This so reminds me of when I learned to ride. I'm signed up for a bike-riding picnic at church in a couple weeks. It's been easily 10 years. We'll see. We didn't even wear helmets back then:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell you that the posterior really reminded me that I had not been on a bicycle for over 10 years! I also remember learning to ride a bike without a helmet too.

      Delete