Sunday, August 26, 2012

Decorating Drew's Walls

I don't manage my time very well. At least it seems that way now.

I remember hearing my elders go on and on about how the older they get, the faster time seems to fly by. Is this what is happening? I'm getting old? Noooo!

I'm just not as organized as I used to be though. So I decided to analyze this situation a little.

I started with "the list". I made this list of the things I needed to try to accomplish that day. I used to be a person that ran around with a Day Runner all the time and had my days planned by the hour. I somehow managed to put checks by each of those accomplishments too!

My lists now almost never get checks by each "to do" entry on my list.There are always "carry overs" into the next day (and sometimes the day after the next day and the day after that day and on and on....). Where did I lose my organizational skills?!

Well, one of the projects that had been on my list for the summer was to finish Drew's walls. We did it! Finally! Well, maybe not all the walls. We took so long at completing this project that there have been several changes to the original plans. So, instead of all walls depicting dinosaurs, it will be 2 walls depicting dinosaurs, 1 wall featuring a safari scene and 1 wall featuring a farm scene. I wonder how long it will take to complete the rest of the walls? Hopefully before he gets his driver's license!

Finishing his walls has been fun though. Haba drew chalk outlines of trees, clouds and a volcano with a lava flow. Drew and I painted the outlines and applied the wall decals. And here is the "grand finis".

Drew's masterpiece volcano scene

Prehistoric chaos!



His clouds are better than mine...
That was great fun Drew! And you're my favorite artist.

Mai

3 comments:

  1. Drew IS a wonderful artist and what little boy wouldn't love to have that on their walls? OK, so maybe it took a little longer than planned but it was worth the wait!

    But you're so right about "the list". I was another one of those people who lived by their Day Runners only for me it was by my Franklin -- it was my life. WHY is it that now the list never gets done? I think I need a more reasonable list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great look for Drew's room! You'll have to post pictures of the other walls when you get them done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are shopping for wall decals for the other walls this weekend! Will keep you posted!

      Delete