Monday, June 10, 2013

Almost Summer!

What a spring it has been! I never thought I could go through such a long hiatus of not reading all the blogs that I seemed to be so addicted to!

Some serious illnesses in the family kept me on the road (and I have the gas bills to prove it!). Fortunately, my mother-in-law's surgery for her second round with colon cancer was successful and she is doing quite well now. My brother-in-law suffered a heart attack and he is also on the mend now. I feel we have filled our quota of illness in our family!

My daughter moved to a new home and Drew is excited to be able to ride around the neighborhood on his bike and play in a big backyard with new friends.

I got my spring chicks! 50 Cornish cross and 20 soon to be pullets. I just hope this year isn't as hot and dry  as last year was! We also put in a chicken run to try to keep the foxes out. Chickens miss running around the yard though so I try to let them out each evening for a little supervised free range time.



The garden is in! No pictures yet...not much to look at yet. Green house is definitely a hot house even if the weather is cooler. Found lots of baby goldfish in the water beds. Long story for another time but would anyone like some goldfish?

Drew received his Wolf achievement last Saturday at the Cub Scout Bike Rodeo! And his Mom was there to pin it on him! Awesome!


It's going to be a good summer!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it is a Healthy summer for all of you! Nice to have you back.

    ReplyDelete